吉他中国专访ICED EARTH 冰封大地乐队

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-25 12:29:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
吉他中国微信公众号

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDMxNTk5NzM2.html

翻译@薛定谔的猫_XMQ  
记者 @西部反扑
致谢:腾讯音乐 刘玉真

2012年4月,美国iced earth冰封大地2012年首次造访神州大地!在北京星光!上海 MAOLivehouse 奉献了精彩的饕餮金属盛宴!
在演出前,我们对乐队进行了专访。

Q: How about your guitar riff? How tocreate it?
问:你们的吉他连复段是如何创作出来的呢?

A: I don’t know, man. It’s just a part ofthe song writing processes. I don’t know, it’s a gift. There’s no like mathematicalforms to it. Not really, it just happens. It’s very organic.
答:我也说不上来啊,这就是写歌的一部分。我也不知道怎么说,这其实就是天赋,不像数学它是有公式的,写歌很多东西是与生俱来的。

Q: How do you practice your guitar usually?Cause you have very good skills about playing guitar.
问:你们平时是怎样练习吉他的呢?你们的技术这么高超。

A: I really don’t practice very much. Ishould. It’s part of the writing thing. I connect whatever it’s going on andthat’s what comes out. I can't really… like I said it was no… I get that ask alot I just don't know how to answer it. It’s just a gift.
答:我其实不怎么练琴,我知道我应该练。其实弹琴也是写歌的一部分,我把想到的组合起来,就成了一首歌。我没法解释清楚,就跟我刚才说的一样。我经常被问到这样的问题,但是我真的不知道该怎么回答,其实那就是种天赋。

Q: How was the band name, ‘IcedEarth’, come?
问:“冰封大地”这个名字是怎么来的呢?

A: That was actually from one of my bestfriends growing up who died in a motorcycle accident when we were teenagers.And I wrote the song <Watching over me> for him. Hisname was Bill and he… when we were kids we used to talk about stories of bandsand he wanted to call it ‘Iced Earth’ and I wanted call it ‘Purgatory’. Andthere was a ‘Purgatory’ until about 1988 I think, something like that, we changedthe name. And when we found out there was another band called ‘Purgatory’ in Ohio we had to changethe name cause we got a record deal first. And then I just remembered Bill, I thoughtit was a cool name anyway. So, yeah, that's it. He had the idea when we werekids.
答:这个名字其实是和我一起长大的一个朋友想的。他在我们还是青少年的时候就出摩托车事故去世了。我那首《Watching over me》就是写给他的。他的名字叫比尔。当我们还是孩子的时候我们也会畅想以后有了乐队会怎样。他给乐队起名为“冰封大地”,而我则想组一个叫“炼狱”的乐队。我们以前就叫“炼狱”,直到1988年大概,那时候我们改名了。因为我们发现在俄亥俄还有个乐队也叫“炼狱”,而那时候我们得到了一份唱片合约,所以要改名。于是我就想起比尔起的这个名字来了,我也觉得这名字挺酷的。就这样,这名字是他还是个小孩的时候想出来的。

Q: What about the first name of your band?The Rose?
问:那你们最初的名字呢?玫瑰乐队?是怎么来的?

A: It’s the very first name in a very shortperiod. I have drawn up a logo for it in my graphic art class when I was afreshman in high school and actually it’s the same lettering about what is ‘IcedEarth’. It was like the first concept maybe last 7 or 8 months and I changed itto ‘Purgatory’.
答:对那是我们的第一个名字,只持续了很短一段时间。我还在我高中的绘画课上设计了一个LOGO。其实这和起“冰封大地”的名字一样,就是那段时间有了这么个概念,而且也就持续了7,8个月吧,我们就改名叫“炼狱”了。

Q: Oh that short time!
问:哦那么短的时间呀!

A: Yeah very short time.
答:对,时间确实很短。

问:你使用什么音箱?

A: Normally I would use a Marshall speaker cabinetWhen we tour like this we have to fly so I use Marshall amps and I have a signaturepre amp, that’s really my sounds so…
答:一般我用的是Marshall的箱体,但当我们要像这样巡演的时候我们要坐飞机,所以我就用我的签名款的Marshall音箱的前级,那个特别适合我们的风格。

Q: Who is the main creator of your solos?
问:你们的SOLO部分主要是由谁创作的?

A: That’s Troy. That depends. Actually…… Whatever the guitars that’s what they do. I do the lead guitarmelodies and a couple of solos in the years but that's not really my thing. I’ma rhythm guy and a song writer.
答:一般是Troy写的,也要看情况。事实上…… 大部分吉他弹奏都是他们写的,这几年我主要负责主音吉他的旋律和一点独奏部分。但那真不是我的强项。我比较适合节奏吉他,还有写歌。

Q: So you came out most riff part of yoursongs?
问:所以大部分吉他连复段都是你写的吗?

A: Oh yeah and melodies. The guitarmelodies.
答:是的,还有旋律,整首歌的旋律,吉他的。

Q: What’s your opinion about metal musicnow? Is it getting weaker or getting stronger?
问:你对现在的金属音乐是怎么看的?你觉得是越来越趋向弱势还是强势?

A: I don't know, I mean… I don't reallyconcern myself with those. I don't really care about what else is.
答:我也不知道,我是说,我一般不会思考这些,我不是很关心。

Q: You never change your mind, OK. Metalmusic is not so popular right now so how about we change our style to maybeSpeed Metal or Progressive Metal?
问:那你们从来没有改变过想法?比如金属音乐现在不是很流行,也许把风格变为,比如速度金属或者前卫金属之类的?

A: No, not an option.
答:从来没想过。

Q: What the future would be of metal musicin your opinion?
问:那么你们对金属音乐的未来有什么看法?

A: I think this would carry on as I alwayshave. It’s probably gonna be more popular and it is I think a little bit of ___
through the years I’vebeen doing this and reading the biographies and knowing the legends like someof the guys in BlackSabbath and talking to those guys… Metal always does well when things are more aggressiveand when people are depressed when it has struggles like financial strugglesand war... whatever. It seems like metal is a good way to release theattention. I think actually right now considering what’s going on metalprobably would has much more ____.But at the end of the day it depends on us and the albums we put out. So ifthere’s an event out there and can put out some strong records I think it’s agreat future but… then you have a lot of bands like ____ they’re great. They’re mixed by metaland rock’ n’ roll, all these cool styles and I think they’re gonna be huge.They really dig in the States so I think it’s gonna get bigger so… But that’s alot more commercial than band like Iced Earth. We would never have like that appealit’s really dark what we do. It’s really aggressive, small field play. But ourfans are extremely loyal, suspending and as we get out on tour it is going tokeep rolling.

答:看来我总是得答这样的问题了。我觉得应该会越来越流行,虽然这几年的情况不是特别好,我读了一些自传,了解了一些传奇性的人物,比如黑色安息日的元老们,甚至和他们对话过。我觉得金属音乐总是在有侵略性的事情面前,或者在人们特别绝望的时候,在挣扎的时候——比如经济危机或者战争时期之类——才发展得比较好。好像金属音乐是一种很好的宣泄方式,能够转移你的注意力。我觉得就现在而言世态稳定,可能金属不是那么景气,但是最终还是要看我们大家的努力。如果能有一些足够好的音乐活动,或者能多发行一些优秀的专辑,那么我相信未来会很光明。不过现在有很多乐队比如____。他们很棒,他们混合了金属、摇滚等很酷的风格,我觉得他们将来会走得更远。他们在美国已经有很高的人气了,我觉得他们不会就此止步的。不过他们比我们冰封大地要商业化得多了,我们永远不会有那样的吸引力,因为我们比较黑暗,比较好斗,往往是小场子里演出。不过我们的粉丝都特别忠实,所以我们还会出来继续巡演。

Q: Mr.Jon, is there any fresh band after 2000? Do you have any favorite bands like,some new bands, right now?
问:那2000年之后出现的新乐队当中你们最喜欢的是哪些乐队呢?

A: Mineis ____.
You are talking about some like Lost
Hérisson

They are not like super active when they werea great band called Lost Hérisson. They are not puttingout albums any more but they got great singing, great riffing, all the kind ofstuff in it. But also I’m kind of into Black CountryCommunion right now. They are amazing. I mean Glenn Hughes is justan amazing singer and the music is right in the pocket I like. Thereare a lot of great bands coming out right now. There are a lot ofyounger bands in United  States doing the old school thing. Likethose bands like Holy Grail they are start to getpopular they are raising the… You know they all have the bends and they alldressed like they were in 1984 or whatever it is. It’s really cool. I meanthere are a lot of great bands are coming out.
答:我最喜欢_____。你上次说你喜欢“消失的刺猬”?

对,他们不是很活跃,叫做“消失的刺猬”。他们现在也不再出新专辑了。但是他们的主唱很优秀,吉他连复段也很优秀。另外我也很喜欢“黑乡圣餐”,他们很棒。主唱Glenn Hughes真的是个很厉害的歌手,而且音乐也正好是我喜欢的。还有其他的乐队比如“圣杯”,他们现在越来越有名了。而且他们都戴着头带,穿得就好像回到了1984年左右一样。很酷。我觉得现在新出来一些很优秀的乐队。

Q: What about the Demons & Wizards? Can you tell ussomething about the band?
问:那么你的另一支乐队“恶魔与向导”如何呢?能告诉我们一些事情吗?

A: Well it’s a side project with one of my best friends.Hansi from Blind Guardian. He’s the singer of Blind Guardian and he is areally really good friend of mine. We are gonna do Demons & Wizards… You know. We willalways do it, it’s just time. It’s gonna be a lot of timing between us. Becausehe is busy with BlindGuardian and I’m busy with Iced Earth. There are a lot of thingsinvolved and there’s a lot of work for both of our positions besides what we doin the bands. I mean we run the bands also deal the business, all that stuff.So lot extra work. It makes harder for our schedules to line up. There was aperiod of time when we were releasing albums pretty close to the same tine whenwe got apart from that. Then we almost got opposite schedules so it’sdifficult. We want to write next one in person, that’s the trick. I can putsome music together and send to him he can work on lyrics and melodies but wewanna be together cause the chemistry changes then. There’s more personal thinghappening in the moment and we really wanna do it that way. We are not in ahurry but there are some fans there. But it’s a very successful project, youknow. There’s a big demand for it, we know that. It’s gonna be on our terms.People, they are gonna enjoy more anyway.
答:这是我和我的一个好朋友的副产品。他是Hansi,“盲目的守护者”乐队的主唱。他和我的关系特别好。我们会一直做“恶魔与向导”,但是有时候时间不允许。我们每次都要凑时机。因为他要忙他们乐队的事情,我也要忙我们乐队的事情。而且除了乐队的事情之外,我们也有很多别的事情要做。我们管乐队的经营,做生意,那些事情。所以我们多了很多工作,我们的时间表也就很难凑到一起。有段时间我们彼此的乐队都在发新专辑,所以我们根本没时间碰面,这是雪上加霜。我们都想自己能参与写歌,所以我会把音乐素材发给他,他就可以写歌词和旋律。虽然我们更想碰面一起写,因为那样的话氛围就完全不一样了,还能激发灵感,但是我们真的没办法。虽然我们不急,但是粉丝们都在等。我觉得我们的副产品很不错,很多人都喜欢我们。我们会继续做的,会让大家享受更多更好的音乐。

Q: Hi Jon, welcome to China. What do you think about thisChinajourney? We know you brought your new album to China. What do you think about thisnew album? And what’s the difference between this one and the previous albums?I mean is there any improvements or changes?
问:Jon,你好,欢迎来到中国。你对这次中国行是怎么看的呢?我们知道你带来了新专辑,那么这次的新专辑你感觉如何?和以前的专辑有什么不同吗?有什么提高和改进的地方吗?

A: There are a lot of questions in there, isn’t there?First of all, it’s really cool to be here. I mean this our first time. We’vewent to a lot of new countries since October last year when we started theworld tour. Countries in Europe we have been to several eastn countries we wentto Russia, we went to Istanbul… We never madeto Japan or Korea.Hopefully soon, we will see. We ganna be doing India later in the summer and… We’venever played in Asia. This is the first so it’sgood. It’s first time in Australiatoo.
答:哇,一个问题里包含了很多小问题。首先我觉得来这儿很酷。这是第一次。我们从去年十月开始全球巡演,去了很多欧洲国家,东方的我们到了俄罗斯,去了伊斯坦布尔…我们没去过日本或者韩国,希望很快能有机会去,我们会再议。之后,夏天,我们要在印度演出。我们从来没在亚洲演出过,这次是第一次,我觉得很棒。这次巡演去大洋洲,也是第一次。

Q: What is the theme of this new album?
问:那这次新专辑的主题是什么呢?

A: Basically it’s an album of songs inspired by differentmovies. Sometimes you inspired by things like the <Horror Show> album wasall based in the war movie themes. This is the same way basically _____ things so… I’m notsure if you have ever seen _____or <Dark City>. We are looking for themes togo with, to fit together to make it kind of cool. Hopefully it inspires peopleto think that also to be entertained and that’s it.
答:基本上这张专辑的歌的灵感都来自电影。有些时候你就是会被电影引发灵感。比如我们的专辑《恐怖秀》就是被战争电影启发的。所以这次也差不多,我不知道你有没有看过类似_____或者《危机四伏》这样的电影。我们一直都在找一些素材,在经过利用、组合之后能制造出很棒的音乐。也希望我们的作品能给人灵感,也能娱乐到大家。就这样。

*注:——部分未听清,有听清的欢迎补充
发表于 2012-7-25 12:48:26 | 显示全部楼层
吉他中国抖音
视频剪辑:ME
发表于 2012-7-25 13:23:28 | 显示全部楼层
GC视频号
发表于 2012-7-25 13:40:51 | 显示全部楼层
买琴买鼓,就找魔菇
太棒了!谢谢小兵
发表于 2012-7-25 14:14:26 | 显示全部楼层

不错 好纯粹单纯的乐队,下次如果还来的话一定去看!!!
也谢谢视频剪辑的ME先生