注册
搜索
查看: 9428|回复: 46

[古典吉他人物] 原创 我的古典吉他梦 英文版 

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-8-25 10:07:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
吉他中国微信公众号
前言

很多朋友可能会感到很奇怪,英语与吉他没有任何关系呀?事实是,如果你同时认真学习过英语和古典吉他,你就会意识到,语言和音乐,还它们的实践应用,还是有着非常多的共同点。一样的需要天赋,一样的具有节奏与韵律的美感,一样的需要大量时间,正确的方法,及大量的实践来获得最大可能的成功,一样的由很多“模块组成”,一样的看重基本功的训练与积累,更重要的是,一样的需要放松的心态。等等等等。从我个人的经历看,学过古典吉他对我的英语学习帮助也非常大。但总的来说我还是觉得古典吉他比英语更难。语言的目的只是交流和记录思想,方法可以有无数种。但古典吉他有着非常严谨的体系,没有正确的指导与适当的交流,纯粹自学的话,很难想像。

下面的文章是一时兴起写的,中间或许有不少谬误之处,权作练笔了。欢迎有共同兴趣的朋友讨论。

Pan.

A Dream That Never Fades Away

By the year 2000, I had learned classical guitar for more than ten years.  Unfortunately it had been another self-teaching experience of mine, besides English, and in retrospect, teaching oneself guitar is much more difficult than English.  Indeed, English is a language you can learn and practise anywhen and anywhere while doing anything.  You can practise listening comprehension when cleaning the house, but imagine practising classical guitar while mopping the floor.  With the easy access to English learning sources these days for anyone, one would have a hell of a bad time finding an excuse for failing.  

It could be said that the years between 1980s and 1990s marked the height of the popularity of the instrument around the country, with guitar classes mushrooming everywhere in the neighborhood.  Guitar players were seen practising in parks, street corners and on campus of course.  Despite the zeal and popularity, however, guitar-related materials were quite rare during those years.  If it's a bit of a hyperbole to say that most people were groping in the dark, it is true that not until early 90s did the whole country see the first classical guitar major, Yang Xue Fei, then 13, in its top musical institute.  

Two major reasons for me to drop classical guitar in 2000 and picked up English.  For starters, classical guitar had almost taken up all my time and money for the years without any rewards except the pleasure of music.  That was a time when people became economically awaken and everybody was rushing for making a quick buck.  Well, maybe a lot earlier than that.  My thought was that English might be able to get me in the right track, and that I might as well give guitar-playing a break.  But how would I have expected this break to be as long as 9 years?  I was totally immersed in this foreign language, which I found was so fascinating.  
  Another major hurdle that stopped me from marching on in the road of music was that I was just stuck in guitar techniques somewhere, unable to progress any further.  Despite the unabated passions, after years of struggle I couldn't seem to make a breakthrough in my righthand's skills, and I came to this conclusion that classical guitar wasn't an instrument that could be mastered by self study.  With hindsight I can still make the claim - not without a good instrument and a good teacher, not without gift.  I decided I might as well let go of it.  You couldn't even afford a nice guitar, by what would you make any difference anyway?  

Amazingly this fantasy of becoming a recognized classical guitarist never dies in my dreams.  It kept coming to my mind when I was in another mental status, in my dreams, even during the time when I was sparing no effort in learning English.  I was confused.  

9 years have passed and here we are in the middle of the year of 2009.   

The idea of bringing my little girl to early contact with classical guitar came to stir up my dormant guitar ambitions.  At least I needed the basic techniques for some simple demonstrations if I was to teach her, I thought, and what better time to pick up my guitar?  The poor thing has been gathering dust for the years when I gave it the cold shouder.  Nice idea, I thought.  I held it in my arms and tried some scale (musical term; from Collins: In music, a scale is a fixed sequence of musical notes, each one higher than the next, which begins at a particular note.) on it.  Then a few old tunes.  My fingers still seemed to function well, and I could still feel the tickle of music on the string in my heart.  Time to have the reunion, I decided.  

Jin Hua is one of those small- to- medium- sized secular cities to whose people classical guitar has lost most of its appeal.  I wandered through the blocks that feature the most instrument stores.  "Few, if not no one, are playing classical nowadays", they say.  The slim pickings of classical guitar echoed to that announcement.  

What a good thing we still have Internet and Taobao!  

Buying 4 thousand yuan worth of musical instrument from Taobao may sound crazy to many, but my online purchase turned out a good one.  My new classical guitar is much better than the old one.  Of better sound quality, louder, and more friendly in terms of ergonomics.  

Now I try to set aside 1-2 hours for guitar everyday, and it's worth it.  I have realized that for all the non-guitar years my mind has never been truly off the instrument and music.  It may be the most difficult, but it definitely is the most beautiful one, says a musician.  Well said.  What better way is there to so intimately feel the music than classical guitar, which, after all, requires the player to hold it physically in arms and legs, touch it with your chest, and play it with your most sensitive limbs, with the flesh part of your fingers?  

My dream may never come true, but I know I am getting closer to it by the day.  

Pan.  
发表于 2009-8-25 10:11:40 | 显示全部楼层
吉他中国抖音
沙发吧。     留着以后有时间再看。
发表于 2009-8-25 10:22:36 | 显示全部楼层
GC视频号
我一直以为真正从内心里热爱,善于思考,愿意为之付出更多的时间和精力,无论对于任何东西的学习都是最重要的。
梦想本来就是不必非要实现或者不一定存在过或者最终要存在的东西,它只是我们对完美的一种不懈追求,我们只要总在这条路上不停地走下去,我们就总会变得离完美越来越近,而这个接近的过程,会带给我们很多的欢乐。
也许我们的音乐表达能力是很有限的,请记住,这个有限往往是与你对吉他的热爱程度呈正相关的。
非常感谢楼主分享自己对于古典吉他的切身经历与感受。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-25 10:26:36 | 显示全部楼层
买琴买鼓,就找魔菇
原帖由 xycheng 于 2009-8-25 10:22 发表
我一直以为真正从内心里热爱,善于思考,愿意为之付出更多的时间和精力,无论对于任何东西的学习都是最重要的。
梦想本来就是不必非要实现或者不一定存在过或者最终要存在的东西,它只是我们对完美的一种不懈追求, ...

说得非常好,我完全赞同。:)

谢谢认可和加为精华。事实上这帖子表述了我最真实的感受。

Pan.
发表于 2009-8-25 10:31:10 | 显示全部楼层
学习古典吉他作为完善自我,丰富自我的一种途径,同时也带给自身快乐。

古典吉他是一门很严谨的学问,让我们去探索音乐的世界。
发表于 2009-8-25 11:21:10 | 显示全部楼层
great
professional
but
we can find this article "made in China" when we read it

just my opinion
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-25 15:07:38 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 seanhoo 于 2009-8-25 11:21 发表
great
professional
but

just my opinion

Thanks for the attention.  Since English is only my second langauge, it's fairly normal that it still carries a bit of Chinese tone now and then.  Chinglish is what most English learners fear the most, but I would say, do not let it stop you from learning on.  Guitar playing is not much different.   We should be aware of all the incorrect moves and try our best to stay away from them, but by no means should we be scared by them and give up.  

Pan.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-25 15:08:43 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 zuizi8181 于 2009-8-25 10:31 发表
学习古典吉他作为完善自我,丰富自我的一种途径,同时也带给自身快乐。

古典吉他是一门很严谨的学问,让我们去探索音乐的世界。

说得很是。欢迎多多交流。

Pan.
发表于 2009-8-25 21:52:08 | 显示全部楼层
Never give up your dream. Just follow your inner voice.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-26 07:27:29 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 Kyii 于 2009-8-25 21:52 发表
Never give up your dream. Just follow your inner voice.

Indeed.  I should've bought the new instrument a lot earlier.  It makes lots of difference.

Pan.
发表于 2009-8-26 10:41:07 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 mypdapan 于 2009-8-25 15:07 发表

Thanks for the attention.  Since English is only my second langauge, it's fairly normal that it still carries a bit of Chinese tone now and then.  Chinglish is what most English learners fear the  ...

English is only a tool, useful for the job, communicate with colleagues,that's all;
guitar is one of my hobby(I have many hobbies), I enjoy playing and it can kill time,that's enough hahaha

so I don't need take them seriously to much, no target, no pressure ,I also don't need them to prove myself.

Tks a lot, 咁吧涞!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-27 16:58:08 | 显示全部楼层
They say music sees no boundaries; that's definitely true.  But English can make that already thin boundary even thinner, thinnner to a point of none at all.  How nice is that?  

:P

我想音乐无国界是没错,但音乐毕竟不能代替真正的交流。这时候还是需要语言来帮助。

Pan.
发表于 2009-8-27 18:08:21 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2009-8-27 19:04:35 | 显示全部楼层
建议上精华贴,呵呵
发表于 2009-9-1 10:06:58 | 显示全部楼层
Bravo! Your write excellent English. I look forward to watching a video of you playing guitar!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-1 14:01:43 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 paul_king2004 于 2009-9-1 10:06 发表
Bravo! Your write excellent English. I look forward to watching a video of you playing guitar!

Thank you for your compliment.  As to a video clip of mine, it may take some time.  I won't do it until I feel good about my skills myself.  Not a bad motivation for working hard, though.  :)  

Pan.
发表于 2009-9-1 14:36:45 | 显示全部楼层
楼主能教我你是咋学的英语不?
发表于 2009-9-1 15:00:56 | 显示全部楼层
鼓励学好英语!楼主继续努力!论坛里有不少旅居国外的朋友,值得你与他们探讨 Idiomatic English 。
发表于 2009-9-1 16:55:34 | 显示全部楼层
哈哈,思维方式不同,这个英语感觉自然不一样。
理解。
感觉楼主看了很多中国出版的英文读物。
我也是光会讲,叫我写,我什么都写不出来。
楼主权当玩笑吧。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-2 08:18:05 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 reinsq 于 2009-9-1 14:36 发表
楼主能教我你是咋学的英语不?

我觉得学英语关键是坚持,然后要平衡,即听说读写都要练。

我的一点学习心得,希望能有点帮助:

http://matrix.hongen.com/forum/bin/child_t.pl?name=guest&userkey=544-0645329-3518381&bdid=23&id=7312291&threadid=7312291&startno=0&lines=25

Pan.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-2 08:20:52 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 gtlover 于 2009-9-1 15:00 发表
鼓励学好英语!楼主继续努力!论坛里有不少旅居国外的朋友,值得你与他们探讨 Idiomatic English 。

谢谢。我一直觉得学习,尤其是自学,英语和古典吉他实在是有着很多相通的地方。但自学古典吉他对时间和方法要求更严格一些。另外,其实要学最 idiomatic 的英语的话,如果身边没有老外朋友,那么英语的电影是最好的教材了。个人比较倾向于反复看。

Pan.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-2 08:22:44 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 26337761 于 2009-9-1 16:55 发表
哈哈,思维方式不同,这个英语感觉自然不一样。
理解。
感觉楼主看了很多中国出版的英文读物。
我也是光会讲,叫我写,我什么都写不出来。
楼主权当玩笑吧。

我一般在网上看和外国朋友交流。但平时21世纪大学生版英文版确实是每期都读的。或许跟纯老外写的东西是有点区别,但他们整体还是非常规范的。

Pan.
发表于 2009-9-2 08:34:21 | 显示全部楼层
Wow, this is a great post!  加油!!

Only a few small suggestions that I would make, such as change "anywhen" to "anytime", "by the day" to "day by day"...., hope you won't mind :)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-2 08:48:22 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 JiangYing 于 2009-9-2 08:34 发表
Wow, this is a great post!  加油!!

Only a few small suggestions that I would make, such as change "anywhen" to "anytime", "by the day" to "day by day"...., hope you won't mind :)

No, not in the least.  :)  Thank you for the corrections.  I meant to say "anytime" but somehow I blanked out on the word and in a rush I came up with this rare expression.  :P   

It's kind of unexpected, and pleasantly surprising, that this English post would be so well received in this classical guitar forum.  I really appreciate your attention.  

What would life be like without English and classical guitar?  :P

Pan.
发表于 2009-9-2 13:35:39 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 mypdapan 于 2009-9-2 08:48 发表

What would life be like without English and classical guitar?  :P  

still is the life as before,!
发表于 2009-9-2 17:13:30 | 显示全部楼层
个人感觉让这个文章显得比较中文思维的。
是一些词使用,比如这个mushrooming
中国出版的一些读物会用很多丰富的中国式形容词,有点滥用了。
还有一些词用的比较生僻,用的硬了点,可以考虑用些简单的词。
也许是我词汇量少。
不过我们把英文作为第二外语,在学习中思维方式自然是以中文为载体,然后再转换,这个没法避免。
楼主文章吸引人的自然还是内容啦,当然有了英文这个形式,当然会有多点朋友关注。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-2 19:15:39 | 显示全部楼层
在学习中思维方式自然是以中文为载体,然后再转换,

呵呵,这个从来不是我的方式。

Pan.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-19 07:57:27 | 显示全部楼层
发现学吉他跟英语倒不太冲突,但是跟打乒乓球还真是冲突很大。
发表于 2009-9-19 09:13:21 | 显示全部楼层
"self-teaching " should be "self-taught".
发表于 2009-9-19 09:54:29 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 seanhoo 于 2009-8-25 11:21 发表
great
professional
but

just my opinion

We decline : horse horse tiger tiger.
We insist on: good good study , day day up.   
Everyday do some morning fuuck.
Wish all open open heart heart !
发表于 2009-9-19 23:08:35 | 显示全部楼层
楼主,纽约时报等网上现在能看到,建仪不看今日中国之类的国内英文刊物..当然,说个笑话,如果主要是与国人交流,反而要多看今日中国之流.有可能相间恨晚.呵呵.至于电影,有的比较简单,如兄弟连,有的就比较复杂.尤其是BBC一些科教片.语素词汇也差别大.
我不是英语专业的,不敢妄加评论楼主的水平,但个人觉得不错.不过少数词生了些,我单位上有两个爱说笑话的同事.一个是博士,一个英语专8.以前博士见我学外语,就说,不要这么努力,单词够用就可以了,英国农民800多个单词就可以快乐过一生呢.我说不可能吧,他说,怎么不可能,什么都take呀.我说,那怕是是16世纪的农民吧.哈哈.
专8呢,和我关系比教铁,他也接待过许多拨的老美老英,日本人,瑞典人,非洲人,尼泊儿等等.基本上上帝造的主要人种他都见了.什么样式的英语都交流了.有段时间,我老爱问他词汇量多少才够交流.他总是很严肃的说,随便多少都可以.每次我问他都这样回答,最多加两个字 真的.
坦白的讲,我有种被芙蓉姐姐的感觉.不过,当我忍痛从哲学的角度来理解他老人家的这句话儿的时候,就好多了.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-20 08:19:02 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢Jiangyou朋友回复。

我同意这种说法,即“随便多少词汇都可以交流”。 你用3000词汇,就用3000词汇,你用30,000, 就用30,000词汇交流。这是完全可能的。因为英语里要表达一种意思,有好几种-甚至十几种或更多-的方法来表达。不同的职业,不同的文化背景,可能会有不同的词汇或术语。国外很多年纪大的人对年轻人用的slang 非常头疼,也是一样的道理。

我感到有一点非常有意思,国内英语学习者大都瞧不上国内的英语版物,甚至China Daily 也认为都是中国英语。其实这个是大可不必的。且不说他们有英语母语的职工做编辑和校对,就是国内的作者的英语水平也绝对比一般的爱好者高很多。我认识的国外朋友都认为China Daily 的英语很规范,完全可以作为英语学习者的阅读材料。

英语本地报纸的文章国人读起来谢谢觉得特别费力,一般除了英语本身的水平差别外,还有一个非常重要的原因是,文化背景。它们的文章有大量的人名地名和历典故背景,或当时的热门事件甚至热门电影电视剧里面的人或事件都可以随手引用到文章中来。我们生活在完全不一样的文化背景,不理解它们这种文章很正常了。

一些个人心得而已。

Pan.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-20 08:25:00 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 sands 于 2009-9-19 09:54 发表

We decline : horse horse tiger tiger.
We insist on: good good study , day day up.   
Everyday do some morning fuuck.
Wish all open open heart heart !

我们看了这样的英语或许都会会心地一笑了之,但不少国外的英语母语者对这些英语也用非常认真的态度来看待。我的加拿大网友,刚不久过了50年金婚纪念的Maryk 就曾经对洪恩论坛上有网友开玩笑写的 good good study day day up 很感兴趣,认为很有哲理。她没看到这些“做早操,开开心心”的英语,相信她看到也会觉得好玩。

这也是我一直认为英语比吉他容易的原因。英语你不管怎么学,都是自得其乐,而且都会有进步。但吉他。。。。有时候真是觉得太死板了,你方法不对了,就是越练越糟糕。唉。

Pan.
发表于 2009-9-22 23:12:47 | 显示全部楼层

回复 32# mypdapan 的帖子

嗯。PAN楼主说的有道理。感觉楼主在英语方面的造诣要比吉他深多了。哈哈。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-23 07:30:41 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,这可你还没听我弹过吉他呀? :P  

但我的经历确实说明英语比吉他好学,也比吉他更适合自学。
发表于 2009-9-23 09:36:08 | 显示全部楼层
Don't just laugh at "Chinese-English", English itself is quite funny as well:

Here in North America, we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway.  "HOT" means good, "COOL" is also good, if you listen to kids speaking, even "SICK" means good...

发表于 2009-9-23 13:02:53 | 显示全部楼层
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-25 07:58:54 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 JiangYing 于 2009-9-23 09:36 发表
Don't just laugh at "Chinese-English", English itself is quite funny as well:

Here in North America, we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway.  "HOT" means good, "COOL" is also good, if you ...

Exactly.  I think the right attitude should be that we remain aware of Chinglish and steer away from it, but never should we let it stand in our way and give up.  

Pan.
发表于 2009-12-25 01:13:07 | 显示全部楼层
forget for get
发表于 2010-10-16 00:04:08 | 显示全部楼层
By the year 2000, I had learned classical guitar for more than ten years.
learnt  to play.

another self-teaching experience
another self-taught experience

teaching oneself guitar is much more difficult than English.
self-taught  to play  guitar

English is a language you can learn and practise anywhen and anywhere while doing anything.
you can learn and practise English anywhen and anywhere while doing anything.

只能看第一段了,下面不看了。写了有点CHIN ENGLISH。没按英语思维来写。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|吉他中国官方

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 07:34